Monday, July 20, 2009

IELTS result out!

The last few weeks i got my IELTS result:

Listening 6.5 Reading 7.0 Writing 7.0 Speaking 6.5
Overall Band Score 7.0

Unlike usual case where universities look at overall band score, my university in UK (LSE) requires 7.0 for all 4 components of IELTS. Well, score of 7.0 is a high requirement for any university entry because 7.0 is for 'good user' in english.
"Has operational command of the language, though with ocasional inaccuracies, inapproapriacies and misunderstandings in some situations. Genarally handles complex language well and understands detailed reasoning."
-defination of 'good user' behind the IELTS result slip.

After all, academic requirement should be the main concern of any university. I'm a 4 As student in GCE A-Levels (EDEXCEL) and this includes A in Law subject, where everything is examined through english essays.

I convinced myself that since LSE asks for 7.0 for 4 componets, that to certain extent reflects it's superiority in education. So i retake IELTS.





Now....


Listening 7.5 Reading 8.5 Writing 6.5 Speaking 7.0
Overall Band Score 7.5

Are they going to acept me? If they aren't....

then bye bye to UK... i'm a 4 As student in London board GCE A-levels and I got at least 7.0 in four components (separate paper), how dare you not accept me! my writing skill aren't bad since i wrotes for 4 essays in LAW, of which all i wrote at least 300 words and non stop for 3 hours, during exam. Plus, i'm an actuarial studies student, not econ not english....

lol.. let's see how

No comments:

Post a Comment